Last week Margarita’s Restaurant in Holland Michigan sickened at least 200 people with Norovirus infections. The outbreak started on Thursday of last week and by the end of this week the illnesses had been linked to the restaurant.
“The food tasted really good – I didn’t think anything was wrong with the food,” Mast said. …
“I’m not mad about it. I don’t blame it on them,” she said of the restaurant. “They probably just forgot to wash their hands or something.”
Local ABC affiliate WZZM 13 spoke with owner Alonzo Salinas, who said the restaurant remained closed last weekend for a thorough cleaning:
“It’s very emotionally draining just because we’re a family owned, family operated restaurant that has worked really hard at gaining the respect of our community,” said owner Alonzo Salinas. “My hopes would be that we could still continue to maintain that integrity of being one of the best Mexican restaurants here in Holland.”