OK so I’m a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup fanatic. Like rabid, drooling and foaming at the mouth, rabid. You might imperil yourself if you got in my way. That kind of fan. What’s better than chocolate and peanut butter. I don’t consider them breaking any diet or being a health concern. THEY ARE LIFE SUSTAINING NOURISHMENT. I’m such a fan of the combination that I’ve yet to forgive the Rhode Island cafe/bakery Pastiche for, probably a decade ago, changing their peanut butter and chocolate brownie. It was perfect. Someone decided to fiddle with it. Pack it full of crunchy nut bits will you? No longer perfect. Bastards! Enter decade old grudge. That grudge has never stopped me from going and spending, say, $40 on any given weekday night or spending twice that on birthday cake for family members. But I still remember, dammit.
Super pricey all-things-kitchen purveyors William-Sonoma have heard that siren call, clearly. They’ve started selling this wonderment:
According to Willy’s…
The fulfillment of many a child’s confectionary fantasy, this moist, intensely chocolate cake is layered with house-made peanut-butter filling and wrapped in a tender shell of rich dark chocolate. It’s the creation of Perfect Endings in California’s Napa Valley, whose extraordinary handcrafted desserts combine unmatched artistry with exceptional flavor.
- Two layers of chocolate cake sandwich peanut-butter filling.
- Encased in a shell of dark confectioners’ chocolate.
- Carefully selected ingredients include smooth Belgian chocolate, French artisan butter and fresh dairy cream.
- Hand made for us by Perfect Endings in California’s Napa Valley.
- Easy to prepare: simply thaw and serve.
- Shipped frozen.
- 7 1/2″ diam., 2 1/4″ high (serves 10).
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.